...8 years later...
Eight years since the start of the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Disaster, thousands of clean-up workers, first responders and coastal residents are suffering from the health impacts from exposure to BP's toxic oil, gases and dispersants, --resulting in the onset of acute and chronic illnesses including many kinds of cancers. Many are suffering, many have died. To make matters worse, only 20% of over 37,000 people impacted who submitted a health impact claim received only the minimum compensation--$1300. This is a travesty of justice. The remaining 80% of cases are stalled in court waiting to have their claims heard. More claims will be filed. More people will die. People need to get tested, screened and treated for chronic illnesses immediately.
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT. THAT'S WHY WE LAUNCHED THIS CAMPAIGN.